The trick to making money online successfully is quite simple.
It goes like this:
1. Pick a business model
2. Find someone successful to learn from
3. Get instructions from that person
4. Follow the instructions and stick to them until you succeed
If you have any trouble along the way, ask for help.
Do not allow yourself to get sidetracked.
Do not allow yourself to ever get stuck by anything. Keep moving forward and don’t slow down. If you are stuck – ask for help.
And definitely do not give up.
I know it sounds very simplistic, but it’s true and most people simply do not do this.
In fact, most people jump from one method to another, never sticking to anything long enough to make it work.
And they never get anywhere.
I don’t want that to happen to you, so let’s analyze exactly what you need to do:
1. Pick a business model
There are lots of ways to make money online, and you only need one.
In fact you SHOULD only use one because that will allow you to stay focused until you succeed.
Here are some popular ones today:
– Affiliate marketing
– Selling your own info-products
– Selling T-shirts with Facebook ads
– YouTube marketing
– Selling Kindle books
– Selling white labeled products on Amazon
– and a lot more
The number of possibilities is HUGE.
And you only need one.
I recommend you use the following criteria in deciding what method to use:
– Your skills (if you are not fluent in English, don’t pick something that requires loads of high-quality writing for the US market).
– Your talents (if you are really good at creating videos, try something that uses YouTube)
– Who teaches it. This is crucial. You MUST follow someone who is successful AND is willing to help you until you succeed. Read the next section for some tips.
– How much time does it require? Make sure you can put in that amount of time. Many methods are flexible and will allow you to start with small amounts of time.
– How much money will you need? Some methods require an upfront investment, and some don’t. Do you have more money than time? More time than money? Keep that in mind when picking a method.
– Are other people making money with this? You want to pick something that is working for others. Re-inventing the wheel is HARD.
Look for something that fits your criteria, and then:
2. Find someone who teaches it
As I said, it’s crucial to find the right person to learn from. That person can be a coach, a mentor, someone who sells a course on the topic you are interested in, or just a regular person who is using the method.
It’s important that the person you follow is making money using your method of choice. And it’s also important that they will help you do the same.
It’s not enough to get initial instructions. You want someone who will help you along the way. Someone you can turn to if you get stuck or hit an obstacle.
The easiest way to get this is to purchase a product.
That’s a great way to get going. But you need to make sure you pick the right product.
In order to do that, make sure you know how much support you will be getting:
– Check out the course or offer you are considering. Does it include ongoing help and support? Is there a help desk? Is there a forum or a Facebook group? Are there coaching webinars? For how long? There should be at least one of those options – for the long term.
– Read testimonials on forums. Find out what kind of experiences other people have had.
– Google their name and see what comes up.
– Check their Facebook page (if they are active on Facebook).
The idea is to find out if this person is trustworthy and whether they offer good support.
3. Get instructions
This step is pretty straight-forward. Once you have found your teacher, simply follow their directions.
4. Stick to it until it works
This is were most people fail. You have taken the time and money to try something out. You have put effort into it. Don’t give up if you hit a roadblock. Don’t ever get stuck on anything. Simply ask for help.
Hopefully you did your research well, and you’ve got someone who WANTS to help you. So take advantage of it!
Here is an example that will illustrate how important this is:
I once had a student contact me about a site of hers. She told me she had followed my instructions and was still not making money.
She could have quit. She could have said “this doesn’t work” and left for another method.
Many people would have.
But she didn’t, and she reached out for help.
Well, it turned out that there was a problem with her affiliate links. As soon as she fixed that, the money started coming in. It was a small mistake, but it takes someone with experience to spot this kind of thing. And that’s what I was there for.
Soon enough she was making a few hundred dollars a month – and on her way to more.
Remember, many teachers WANT to help you. I know I do. I WANT you to succeed. And there are others like me around.
So don’t be shy and let us know. Keep asking questions, and when you succeed – we’ll be VERY happy when you send us a message saying you are making money because of us.
Seriously. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love it when people tell me they are making money from my methods.
So go ahead.
Pick your method.
Pick your teacher.
And get going.
As always, it’s about focus and perseverance.
Here’s to your success!